Website ASHNA International Model United Nations (ASHNAIMUN)
UN Simulation of Afghanistan
ASHNA International Model United Nations (ASHNAIMUN)
17-18-19 Dec 2015
Vacancy Number: AIMUN-005
Location: Kabul, Afghanistan
Position: Security Officer
Reporting Line: Security Manager
No # of positions: 3
Start Date: 14-Aug-2015
Expiry Date: 21-Aug-2015
ASHNA International Model UN conference is one of the departments of ASHNA International Youth Association (AIYA) one of the umbrella organizations of ASHNA NGO registered under ministry of economy (2092) established in 2011.
ASHNA International Model UN (AIMUN) is a mock of UN conference conducting for the first time in Kabul, Afghanistan with the help of youth to invite all the national/international delegates for discussion, debate and deliberation of the different top priority issues of security, economics, social & political within the specific committees in coordination & in line with the UN policies/procedures to provide a resolution for the government, UN & other international agencies.
Assists the Security Manager to assure the safety and security of all personnel & participants of the event.
Responsible for all administrative work related to the Security department and follow up with various departments.
Responsible for meeting & escorting all the expatriate delegates & staff from the airport & making sure they are safe.
Reporting on a timely manner to the security manager on all the aspects.
Actively monitors risks and alerts senior managers to risks and recommends measures to mitigate risks;
Assists project staff to understand and interpret security and risk factors;
Visits the event location, accommodation place & any other relevant location of the event.
Any other duty assigned by the Security Manager.
Qualification & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• 1-2 years experience in security working with national/international organizations.
• Committed toward volunteerism activities in the organization.
• Fluency in English, Dari & Pashtu.
• Excellent management in administration & Security matters.
• The ability to think creatively and be proactive in program management
• High level of interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity to effectively interact with all levels of staff, members of donor organizations, funders and policy makers
• Self-motivated and well organized
• Ability to work collaboratively, supportively, and respectfully with others
If you are interested to apply for this volunteer position please indicate the vacancy number mentioned above along with the position such as “Security Officer-AIMUN-005” submitting your updated resume to the following email address: