Website ASHNA International Model United Nations (ASHNAIMUN)
UN Simulation of Afghanistan
ASHNA International Model United Nations (ASHNAIMUN)
25-26-27 Oct 2016
Vacancy Number: AIMUN-004
Location: Kabul, Afghanistan
Position: Gender Empowerment Manager
Reporting Line: Organizing Committee Director
No # of positions: 1
ASHNA International Model UN conference is one of the departments of ASHNA International Youth Association (AIYA) one of the umbrella organizations of ASHNA NGO registered under ministry of economy (2092) established in 2011.
ASHNA International Model UN (AIMUN) is a mock of UN conference conducting for the first time in Kabul, Afghanistan with the help of youth to invite all the national/international delegates for discussion, debate and deliberation of the different top priority issues of security, economics, social & political within the specific committees in coordination & in line with the UN policies/procedures to provide a resolution for the government, UN & other international agencies.
Manage all gender equity and women’s empowerment activities.
Developing the gender manual.
Serve as the program’s primary point of contact for gender with counterparts and donors.
Oversee gender equity courses for program counterparts and beneficiaries.
Oversee capacity development (including administrative and technical) for local CSOs
Develop a constructive working relationship with relevant departments, government staff and counterparts.
Contribute to monthly, quarterly, annual reports, work-plans, and success stories as required by clients.
Conduct the meetings with the partner’s, stakeholder’s, organization’s & NGOs for engagement of female staff and delegates to the upcoming conference
Serve as a focal point for all partners and NGO’s for responding to any gender issue.
Any other duty assigned by the Chairman.
Qualification & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• 3-5 years experience promoting women’s legal rights, access to justice.
• Experience training and/or mentoring civil society actors on gender equity issues.
• Experience with advocacy on women’s empowerment issues
• Experience developing high-level curriculum and training materials, including case studies, role play, and debates
• Fluency in English, Dari & Pashtu.
• Excellent management and administrative skills
• The ability to think creatively and be proactive in program management
• High level of interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity to effectively interact with all levels of staff, members of donor organizations, funders and policy makers
• Self-motivated and well organized
• Ability to work collaboratively, supportively, and respectfully with others
If you are interested to apply for this volunteer position please indicate the vacancy number mentioned above along with the position such as “Gender Empowerment Manager-AIMUN-004” submitting your updated resume to the following email address: