Website ASHNA International Model United Nations (ASHNAIMUN)
UN Simulation of Afghanistan
ASHNA International Model United Nations (ASHNAIMUN)
25-26-27 Oct 2016
Vacancy Number: AIMUN-002
Location: Kabul, Afghanistan
Position: Finance Officer (Female)
Reporting Line: Finance Manager
No # of positions: 1
ASHNA International Model UN conference is one of the departments of ASHNA International Youth Association (AIYA) one of the umbrella organizations of ASHNA NGO registered under ministry of economy (2092) established in 2011.
ASHNA International Model UN (AIMUN) is a mock of UN conference conducting for the first time in Kabul, Afghanistan with the help of youth to invite all the national/international delegates for discussion, debate and deliberation of the different top priority issues of security, economics, social & political within the specific committees in coordination & in line with the UN policies/procedures to provide a resolution for the government, UN & other international agencies.
Be in-charge of all financial matters and operations such as collection of fees from all the delegates and debating it to the ASHNA-IMUN account.
Assist Finance Manager on budgets as and when needed.
Be responsible for budget tracking and controlling pertaining to all projects
Be responsible for verifying of payments to contractors, & other payments as stipulated in the contract/Agreement in line with ASHNA-IMUN financial policy and procedures
Analysis financial information and prepare financial reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
Maintain all financial records properly (hard copy and soft version)
Verification of staff salary payroll, travel and other allowances
Shall verify all purchase requests and cash advances
Supervise, monitor the cash books and report on monthly basis to finance section
Establish control for the prevention of waste, fraud, and mismanagement
Ensure that the organization is abreast of tax compliances issues.
Be responsible for correction of errors in report as and when necessary
Qualification & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• 1-2 years experience in managing financial activities and accounting.
• Committed toward volunteerism activities in the organization.
• Fluency in English, Dari & Pashtu.
• Excellent management and financial/administrative skills
• The ability to think creatively and be proactive in program management
• High level of interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity to effectively interact with all levels of staff, members of donor organizations, funders and policy makers
• Self-motivated and well organized
• Ability to work collaboratively, supportively, and respectfully with others
If you are interested to apply for this volunteer position please indicate the vacancy number mentioned above along with the position such as “Finance Officer-AIMUN-002” submitting your updated resume to the following email address: